- Lots 14 & 25 Close, Pedestrian Detours Ivy Lane/Western Way
January 28, 2022
As of Monday, January 31, Lots 14 and 25 along Ivy Lane, as well as access to these lots via Roper Lane, will permanently close and pedestrian detours will shift. Lots 4, 5 & 26 were closed in late December. See Phase 2 map below. Western Way is anticipated to re-open in the Fall 2022
Detours will lead pedestrians on paths along the south side of Lewis Library and Peyton utilizing a portion of Stadium Drive. ADA access to Lewis Library will be maintained as is through Fine Hall to the entrances on the south side of Lewis. ADA access to Peyton (for this phase) will utilize a portion of Stadium Drive which will connect to the sidewalk along Ivy Lane and then to the accessible entrance on the north side of Peyton. The next phase of pedestrian shifts (anticipated early March) will include a temporary ADA pathway on the west side of Peyton.
Pedestrian access along Ivy Lane and Western Way connecting Fitzrandolph and Washington will be maintained for the duration of the construction project, but the routes will be shifted as construction proceeds.
Golf Cart drivers
- Please stay off the temporary pedestrian detour paths along Ivy Lane/Western Way
- Use extra caution when driving next to or near pedestrians, especially between Lewis and Fine where pedestrians will be detoured
- Cross Washington Road at Goheen, cart paths will not be open on the east side of the Guyot/Ivy Lane crossing
Stay informed about impacts to parking, TigerTransit, and other campus mobility services (including Tiger Access) during this time by regularly checking the Transportation and Parking Services (TPS) website.
- Changing Pathway, From Goheen to Frist, beginning Nov. 7
November 4, 2022
- The current pedestrian route between the two construction projects, University Health Services (UHS) and Hobson College, will be closing on or about November 7, 2022.
- A new path will be opened between the UHS site and Guyot, Moffett and Schultz buildings to accommodate the November 7th closure.
- Detour signs will be in place.
- See maps below for details:
- Blue dashed lines are open, accessible pathways
- Green dashed lines are open pathways
- Poe Field Closure
June 23, 2023
Poe Field will be unavailable from June 2023 to August 2024. Installation began on a previously approved underground storm-water detention system in Poe Field required to support the current University Health Services project and for the upcoming Schmidt Hall project (anticipated start of Summer 2025).
While the stormwater system is being installed, approximately 400 geo-exchange bores will also be drilled on Poe Field to support the Steam to Hot Water Conversion Project which is a critical component of becoming carbon neutral by 2046. At the end of the project, Poe Field will be restored to its original state for campus and community use.